It’s my birthday today! I’m 24 years young and pretty damn happy about it – there won’t be a full post today because sadly I’m at work after a weekend at a festival – so feeling a little delicate and knackered! Plus it’s raining! It never rains on my birthday – think the weather is sympathising with me being at work after the beautiful weekend. But despite all of this, I have a smile on my face and I’m feeling pretty good! I’ve got some old school soul boosting my mood with a cracker of a happy birthday song that my friend sent me and thought I’d share it with you:
Gorgeous right? Just what I needed this morning to pick me up. Now I’m looking forward to getting home, having a big glass of wine and putting my feet up. In the meantime, I’ve been thinking about how much things have changed over the last few years and how even with a pretty rough start to the year, I’m a very lucky girl. So here’s a big thank you to all of the people who have made these last 24 years amazing – here are just some of the ones who have made a big difference to my life more recently:
- My beautiful best friends who have been there through the very worst and best of times. In the last few years I have never been more grateful for them and in the last 12 months I have seen one happily married and the other making huge plans for the future. With all of our birthdays within a few weeks of each other, I’m pretty sure 24 is going to be good for all of us!
- My family who have helped me make one of the biggest decisions of my life, to completely up sticks and travel across the world, leaving my job and everyone behind. It is simultaneously the scariest and most exciting thing I have ever done and I’m so grateful for all their help in making this decision and plans.
- My boyfriend, who still after eight years puts a big smile on my face and knows exactly how to make me feel better post-festival with pizza and Homeland.
- My girls – for the first time in my life I actually have a massive group of girl mates who actually outnumber my boy mates! They again have been there through thick and thin and can always be called on for a great laugh and plenty of fun – something I have been much in need of after the last few months!
- My festival buddies – without you last summer would have been boring as hell, I love you all for dancing with me until the sun comes up and for making that walk home after a long night still laughing about absolutely nothing. This summer will no doubt be just as amazing because it will be spent with you all again and I can’t wait.
- My fellow bloggers – you know exactly who you are, the wonderful friends I have made through this blog. The ones who comment on every post and keep me wanting to write more, the ones who have made me feel part of the blogging community and the ones who have proved how amazing it is to be a blogger.
There are lots more people I could be thanking but it’s my birthday and I’m sure you already know who you are. In the meantime – here’s to the next 24 years! Gulp, I’ll be nearly 50 then!
Happy Birthday! It’s mine too except I’m 21. Cheers! 🙂
Thanks Hannah! And happy birthday to you as well 🙂 do you have any epic birthday plans? I’m at work so it’s a bit sucky today but I partied lots at the weekend so pretty happy about that! xx
Thanks! I went to Atlanta, Georgia to watch a baseball game with my family and I’m going to St. Augustine, Florida tomorrow! I’ve been partying since yesterday, lol. I go back to work Thursday, that’s going to be fun!
Ahh that sounds awesome! Haha don’t envy you on the going back to work but, I was back today post festival – ouchhh! Haha xx
Happy birthday beautiful! I hope you have a lovely day (despite the rain) & get spoilt rotten with lovely presents! So glad I got to know you and your blog because it’s become one of my absolute favourites – I’ve learnt so much from it and enjoy reading every single one of your posts! 🙂 xxxx
Thanks lovely 🙂 that’s such a sweet thing to say and right back at you, I absolutely love yours and it always helps remind me how much I love to read when I read how passionate and excited about it you are xxx 🙂
Happy Birthday there Lucy, have a great day, MM 🍀
Thanks Mick 🙂 xx
What a wonderful post! And also…
Happy birthday! Hope you’re having a great day (aside from the whole ‘being at work’ thing) x
Thanks Charl 🙂 It’s not been too bad actually and my workmate is taking me for lunch now so shall be even better with some food! xx
Happy Birthday! Have a great day and a fab year! 🙂
Thanks Karen 🙂 you too xxx
Happy Birthday babe! Have a good one 🙂 x
Thanks beautiful 🙂 xxx
Happy Birthday!!!! 24 is a great year!
Thanks hun! Looking forward to it 🙂 xxx
Happy Birthday,,, nice to read someone is happy with her day and all… Enjoy reading your blog…
Why not see if this exists in your area,, you can do this in comfort and be safe yet impress those male mates of yours 🙂
You might enjoy this blog as she writes great articles and does Base Jumping also plus Sky Diving..
Cheers / Rob
Thanks Rob 🙂 yeah well you can’t complain can you – I had a wonderful weekend so that made up for the rain and working all day! That looks amazing – I have a friend who did this down in Kent, I’d love to try! Oooh thanks for the recommendation – will check out her blog now 🙂 xx